Friday, May 30, 2008

Three Countries in Under 36 Hours

Time is flying by...since our last blog, we have stayed with a SERVAS host family in Durban, celebrated two Shabbat dinners with Gilli's family in Johannesburg, and ventured into Swaziland with Christian Terrett and Nozizwe. These stories will all make their way onto the blog...as for now though, we are heading off to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. That will mean that, in a period of 36 short hours, we will have been present (and active) in Swaziland, South Africa, and Ethiopia.

3 comments:

Robin D said...

Travel safe and I eagerly await tales of those three countries!

Trivia bit: According to Wikipedia, Swaziland is one of five remaining countries still considered an absolute monarchy (the others being Brunei, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Vatican City).

Support: said...

Hello girls!! I met you in Rio at Christen's apartment (in which I was also bunking). I was just cleaning out my wallet and found your card. I had to take a look to see where you were at in the world now. I had alot of fun reading about your adventures. :) I just wanted to leave a little note to let you know there's someone out there saying a pray for ya. I praying you will have some God encounters. :) Melinda

Anonymous said...

Hey Tessa and Alissa,

Whew! What amazing sights, sounds, people, food, bungee jumping. I'm sitting at my desk in gray, rainy Eugene where summer is slow to arrive, and I'm imagining South African beaches, sunsets, sunrises--we carry the sun inside us. You go girls.

rain and roses,
Sara Burant